|its roof of Cocco Den restaurant near Badshahi Mosque.|
Climate of Lahore
|A Inner side view of Lahore Museum.|
Wazir Khan Mosque
and many other attractions are
- The old City is full of shrines and palaces which is worth to see and has a unique culture and lifestyle.
- Lawrence Gardens (Jinnah Bagh)
- Sindbad & Joy Land at Fortress stadium.
- Old Anarkali food street.
Pearl Continental Hotel 18000 PKR- 25000 PKR www.pchotels.com
Hospitality Inn Hotel 10000 PKR- 18000 PKR www.hospitalityinnlahore.com Avari Hotel 16000 PKR- 22000 PKR www.avari.com
Hotel Ambassador 6000 PKR- 10000 PKR
7-Devis Road Lahore
Smart Hotel 5000 PKR- 7000PKR www.smarthotellahore.com
Hotel Sunfort 9000 PKR- 15000 PKR www.sunforthotel.com
Park plaza 4000 PKR- 8000 PKR www.smarthotellahore.com
Mirage Hotel Lahore 3000 PKR- 5000 PKR www.miragelahore.com
Hostels for foreigners
i highly recommend to all foreigners this Hostel for staying if you are tight on budget.it is very neat clean hostel and staff is really coperative.
Regall Inn 400 PKR- 500 PKR regale.com.pk
Regall in Hostel is not very neat and clean as compared to Lahore Backpacker Hostel.
you can find many hotels from 500 to 15000PKR depend on you and condition of Hotel.you should good at bargaining. If you are a foreigner may be they will demand high.if you are frugal traveler and tight on budget I suggest you some very economical Hotels and hostels. There is only two hostels who host foreigners on very cheap rate. Lahore Backpacker and Regall inn. Their rates are 350 to 500PKR. Both hostels are on famous Mall road near Regall chowk.
- In Lahorethere are many cinemas where you can see English or Urdu movies. The top cinemas in city are Cine Star Cinema ticket price 350PKR, DHA Cinema ticket price 300 to 350, Cine Gold Cinema ticket price 400PKR, Sozo world Cinema,
- Theaters are also a kind of activities in Lahore where you can see funny Dramas till late night.
- There are a lot of restaurants where you can eat varieties of food ,Delicious local food, Continental and spicy lahori food. click here to find best dinning restaurants.
- A lot of Cafes are waiting for you where you can eat , talk or smoke till late night.
- If you are a westerner or a non-muslim, you should try to avoid participating in religious or political gatherings and should wear clothes that covers whole body especially girls or women should cover their whole body with proper dress.
- Taxi/rickshaws drivers can ask for exorbitant fares seeing that you are a foreigner. whatever price they quote initially try to hagle with them, they will most probably bring it down. Dont take the first taxi/rikshaw you see but try to find a better deal if there are many available at one place.
- Driving is risky and confusing here if you are not local. Most road users do not abide by any traffic regulations and it can best be described as a free for all Don’t drive in Lahore if you are foreigner you should be very careful because it is not very orderly as compared to the western countries
- If you enter a mosque, women should wear a dupatta(Cover your head), which is a scarf used by local females to cover their heads. Men & women should also remove their shoes while entering in a mosque.
- Avoid traveling to unlit areas at night, especially alone. Use common sense when hanging out with friends, and definitely avoid being intoxicated in public as it is an Islamic country.
- Beware of pickpockets when you are in crowded areas like Liberty market, the airport, bus stands, the railway station, Anarkali, Ichra shopping centre, or Mall road. In an emergency you can call police help line 15 or call Rescue Services at 1122.
- you will see a number of women in malls and bazaars; shopping is their favorite hobby. Don’t put yourself in a big risk by taking pictures of girls and women. Females are highly regarded and respected. Women and girls don’t like hand shake or hugs to men therefore please avoid it just say Hello from appropriate distance.
- If you are traveling to Lahore in summer then be prepare for the killing heat of the city. The average temperature here is 40 Centigrade. One need to drink lots of letters of water a day otherwise there is a definite chance of dehydration.
A food chain on MM Alam road where you can find best food any time.
Food street Anarkali and Food street near Lahore Fort.
There is restaurants on every corner of the street.
- If you are foreigner you can stay at Lahore Backpacker Hostel or Regall inn Hostel where you have to pay 300 to 600PKR. Both are on very famous Mall road which is very near to many touristic places otherwise if you will stay in any hotel you have to spend 2000 to 10000PKR.
- if you are tight on budget avoid big restaurants you can eat food from street vendors and you can also find vegetable and many salads on very economical rate buy them from street shops and make them for healthy eating or you can also cook your food to reduce your cost of traveling.
- Avoid texis in Lahore always prefer Rickshaw it will charge you less for traveling. The mini vans takes very cheapest fare but I don’t prefer to foreigners.budget traveling is always my first option but not everytime.